After a long trip, most working parts of a car, like downpipes, headers, and turbo turbine housings, get overheated because of exhaustion. Such overheating can significantly reduce your car engine’s performance, and it might even break down. We have all seen the exhaust gases coming out of vehicles in the middle of nowhere when you open the hood. It’s not just to create suspense in the movies but actual cases if you exhaust your car engine. Both ceramic coatings and heat wraps help prevent such instances, and each has its pros and cons. Learning about the two will help you make a well-informed decision.
Let us learn what is better to keep the heat at bay, ceramic coatings or heat wraps-
How Do Ceramic Coatings and Exhaust Wraps Work?
High heat can reduce the overall efficiency of the engine and other significant parts, causing internal damages. Ceramic coatings and heat wraps trap the emitted heat within exhaust pipes. Increased temperatures expand the gases. Since the gases cannot travel towards the engine, they move towards the tailpipe. This creates a seamless flow of hot gases out and fresh air into the engine, improving its performance.
What is Ceramic Coating?
Ceramic coatings are an advanced heat-shielding technology applied to stainless steel parts that can emit excessive heat towards the engine components.
Pros of Ceramic Coating-
- Provides the highest horsepower gain in the exhaust insulation family
- Better at reducing under-hood temperatures than any other exhaust insulation methods
- Decreases chances of metal fatigue since the coating is uniformly applied both on the inside and the outside of the metal parts
- Improves streamlined laminar flow of exhaust gases
- Prevents rust and corrosion
- Available in various finishes like chrome and gold
Cons of Ceramic Coating-
- If you go into a high-quality ceramic coating, the exhaust parts will get more expensive
- It is not a DIY-able process, and although the coating lasts for long, you will have to send the part back to the manufacturer for repairs
What is Heat Wrap?
A heat wrap is a composite or fiberglass fabric used to insulate heat-emitting exhaust parts. It is easy to install, and you can even do it yourself for custom wrapping any part.
Pros of a Heat Wrap-
- Adds more horsepower when used on performance or stock pipes
- Extends the life of fragile engine parts and hoses by effectively reducing under-hood temperatures
- Less hard on your pockets as compared to ceramic-coated exhaust parts
- You can wrap any car part that you want to be protected from excessive heat
Cons of a Heat Wrap-
- The wrapping has to be tight, or it will get loose over time with frequent heating and cooling of the exhaust parts
- If any moisture gets trapped between the heat wrap and the metal exhaust pipe, it may lead to corrosion over time
- Only outside of the metal exhaust is insulated
Protect your vehicle’s exhaust parts from overheating with top-quality ceramic coatings only at Project Gamma. We aim to provide best-in-class automobile protection products and materials for automobile enthusiasts and owners. We offer easy installation and lasting durability products and services. For more information, please write to us at our email firstname.lastname@example.org.